Quintin Goynes | ManIntheMiddleqg
1. When and why did you start playing? Gunfight: In 2001 I started practicing on my first pair of turntables because I needed a hobby as a by Advertise” href=”#24953047″> productive alternative way to spend time after school.
2. Which instruments do you play? Gunfight:At first I learned how to play drums. Then learned how to DJ and from there learned how to produce.
3. What was the first tune(s) you by Advertise” href=”#38403859″> learned? n/a
5. Describe your family member’s musical interests and abilities. Gunfight: My family members who are into music like a wide variety which I feel is good because you can always get inspired by different genre’s of music.
6. Which famous musicians do you admire? Why? Gunfight:Right now I’m a heavy influenced by Alternative Rock band’s from the 90’s and new ones that are popular today. I feel like these type of brands are awesome because a lot of them just do them which is really encouraging.
7. Which famous musicians have you learned from? n/a
8. Who was your first teacher? Other teachers? Gunfight:Self taught
9. Describe your first instrument. Other instruments. Gunfight:Drums. Turntables and currently I work in Ableton and my go to plug ins are serum, massive and ozone by Advertise” href=”#1244479″> products.
10. What are your fondest musical memories? In your house? In your neighborhood or town? Gunfight:I really enjoyed by Advertise” href=”#43067326″> buying records and Cd’s back in the day. Something about it made you feel connected to artist.
11. Were you influenced by old records & tapes? Which Ones? Gunfight:Yes many, a lot of bands from the 90’s grunge era heavily influenced the sound I am crafting today.
12. Who are your favorite musicians? Groups? CD’s? Gunfight:Right now I’m influenced by Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Garbage, Nine inch Nails etc.
13. Have you been in by Advertise” href=”#83476798″> competitions? Fleadh’s? Any prizes? n/a
14. Do you perform in public? Describe those occasions? Concerts, radio, TV? Gunfight:Yes I have performed at many festivals and party’s around the nation. I enjoy performing.
15. Do you play for dances? Step-dancers? Describe the differences. n/a
16. How do you handle mistakes during a performance? Gunfight:You just keep going. That’s what makes it fun.
17. Do you get nervous before a performance or a competition? Gunfight:Yes. A lot of the times.
18. What advice would you give to beginners who are nervous? Gunfight:Breathe. Focus and jump right in.
19. Do you attend sessions? What makes a good session? n/a
20. How often and for how long do you practice? Gunfight:Sometimes up to 5 hours a day.
21. What do you practice – exercises, new tunes, hard tunes, etc.? Gunfight: Mixdowns, New techniques for songs and DJ routines.
22. Do you teach music? n/a
23. How do you balance your music with other obligations – mate, children, job? Gunfight:That is something that has taken me a while to figure out and I feel the best way to answer that is allowing your self some wiggle room so that you don’t get to focused on one area of the equation versus the other.